37 Weeks & CountingMy belly is definite proof that baby is now growing! We had our 37 week appointment on Tuesday - I'm now "full term" so she really can come whenever she feels like it at this point. Dr. Hoff informed me that there isn't too much going on, though. She is still "way up there" and there is no dialation whatsoever. Basically, she's totally comfortable hanging out where she is - at least one of us is comfortable, because it certainly isn't me anymore. As the belly gets bigger I am getting uncomfortable and am beginning to see why women have nervous breakdowns when the due date comes and goes and there's no baby - yoga exercises and massages from Jon have helped a lot. I'm happy to say I'm nowhere near the "get this baby out" point, but I can imagine in another 2 weeks or so that I might be feeling that way. Who knew my once-flat tummy could ever grow quite so much! Last night I slept on the couch in an attempt to find some way to sleep beyond one hour without experiencing pain of some kind. While the couch didn't make too much of a difference in my night of sleep, Jon awoke from bed the happiest I've seen him in a while! I think he is secretly hoping I'll stay on the couch so he can actually sleep. I figure I'll give him a night here and there....that way at least he's well-rested so he has the energy to cater to my every need. I think it's a good trade off.
3 comments:
Abby-you look great! I know it is the daily power walks and weekly yoga that have helped that. And you have such cute maternity stuff! Just a few more weeks before cute little baby Stewart arrives. We are so excited for you! Baby Stewart needs to come down to San Clemente and visit the cute baby boutiques on Del Mar street! -Tam
You look fantastic, and by now I'm confused when I remeber that my belly was that large such a short time ago... Good luck and I can't wait for baby Stewart to make her appearance!!
You are heading into the worst, of course the physical discomfort, but I am such a planner that I hate the any-day-now thing of those last few weeks. I'm excited for you...the actual delivering of the baby is beyond thrilling!
Post a Comment