Week 36
So, with 4 weeks to go the baby's room is all ready! The ladybug theme is so cute - we love it and we think she will too. We really did transform our once-office into a nice room for the baby with our office still residing in one corner of the room. The cute ladybugs, dragonfly, and what you can see of the flower on the wall behind the changing table/dresser were made by my friend Kim who teaches with me at Phillips Brooks. Obviously, she's the art teacher and so creative-her additions really made the room perfect we think! The biggest job of the whole project was the closet. First, this was our "everything" closet, so we literally had to comb through so much junk and reorganize other parts of our house to empty and organize this closet. Jon put the shelves together and of course I organized all of the baby stuff and found the perfect storage boxes after trips to every single organizer store in the area. Somehow my dad was able to store my old cradle for 30+ years and managed to find it in his garage at my request. It was hand-carved by my Grandpa Guinn and was what I slept in when I was just a little gal. I used it for years growing up as my toy box. It fits perfectly in the room and holds all of the toys and books we are just beginning to collect. Now all we need is the baby - but I'd be thrilled if she'd stay put for a few more weeks. We'll be sure to keep you posted and will try to put up a weekly picture of my belly as it expands beyond any measures I ever could've imagined.




3 comments:
LOVE the ladybugs, seriously adorable. And are you sure she's going to have enough clothes? ha ha ha...
Awesome job on the room. No surprise that everything looks well-organized! Can't wait for that little girl to get here!--Clair
So cute! Cannot wait to see her, Abby you look great and you have done so well at pregnancy! Come on Baby Stewart, just a few more weeks! :)
Post a Comment