35 Weeks and Counting

So, I've hit the 35 week mark this week and Jon declared last night that I've "hit a new plateau." I believe he's trying to tell me nicely that pregnancy is now bearing down on me! Given that I spent most of the day lying down after my walk might have had something to do with this. Normally I give him the run-down on all of the to do's I managed to accomplish during the day, but yesterday I considered that we might want to up our NetFlix video number so I have some of "my movies" to watch - opposed to the ones he actually wants to see as well and I'm therefore not allowed to view without him! The good news is that I am still feeling quite good considering the measurement of my belly, which I can't remember off hand but I will definitely post a picture soon as it is worth a look at this point. Each night I get ready for bed and take a look in the mirror I swear it has grown...every day.

Home prep for Baby Guinn Stewart's arrival is pretty much complete - I'm working on fun stuff like decorating in the baby's room, ordering Cal Berkeley infant outfits online, and other fairly unnecessary tasks. We have our appointment tomorrow morning to get our carseat inspected - apparently 8 out of 10 people install infant carseats incorrectly, so hospitals and law enforcement agencies now offer installation appointments to check for correct installment of the carseat. Jon is convinced he will be in the 2 out of 10 stat, so I'll be sure to let you all know if we "passed" or not! My 10 year-old Corolla was not so easy to install the base, and we are less confident about this installation then Jon's car. Unfortunately, they won't check two cars at the same time so I have to go back in late August (the next available appointment!) to get my car checked as well...that is, if baby stays where she should for the next few weeks.

Will post pics soon to show you belly and home prep progress - both are impressive and exciting we think!

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Other than mine, I have never seen another infant carseat in Argentina. People stare at me when I take it in places. They think it's some kind of stroller without wheels. But if you had to pay $900 for a car seat that lasts 6 months you might not have on either!