Chelsea came to play Mexican team Club America in an exhibition game at Stanford Stadium, so Abby and I went to check it out. Soccer people love Abby's shirt that says I'm growing a future soccer star!A word to the wise: the Southwest corner is in direct sunlight until just before sunset. We actually stood in the shaded aisle for most of the game. Anyway, it was great to see all the superstars, even if they jogged around out there for 90 minutes. Abby really hung in there . . . but I think it took a week for her to recover. The baby probably enjoyed the game as well.
1 comment:
So, do you think Beckham will be able to achieve his goal of increasing the popularity of soccer in the USA?? I think a simple advertisement stating how much he makes will do the job of making it the chosen profession of any young child!
Post a Comment