31 WeeksMy family baby shower was out at my sister Tiff's house in Antioch. It was a beautiful day - not too hot but nice enough to eat and play a hysterical game of hanging baby clothes while holding baby and talking on the phone.
I loved the fact that I had all of my moms and my grandma with me. They've been wonderful at giving me all kinds of advice on what I need, don't need, must do no matter what, and don't need to worry about doing to prepare for baby! Given that I'm a total type-A planner, I bug them all with questions. Usually I can track down one of them by cell phone while I'm out walking to quiz them on the latest things on my "To Do" list - a list that seems to get bigger as the baby nears instead of the other way around. In the picture are: mother-in-law Carol from Michigan, mom Janelle, Grandma Dones, and mom Cookie.
I was also lucky to have almost all of my sisters with me - who have also been a huge help in answering tons on mom-to-be questions. Tiff and Michelle are experts on the registry experience and knew exactly what I couldn't go without. In the picture are: Michelle, Tiffany, sister-in-law Stephanie from Michigan, and Tiff and Michelle's half-sister Cheri who - by proxy - counts as my half-sister, although it is too confusing to explain to others so let's just leave it as she's also my half-sister even though we technically have absolutely no parents in common! Sister Angie, brother Boom's wife, was out of town on a family camping trip and was totally missed, but the fact that I managed to get these 4 all there was impressive and fabulous!
No comments:
Post a Comment