Los Altos Baby Shower


33 WEEKS



Had my third and last baby shower in Los Altos at my friend Jennifer's home. Brooke and Jennifer, friends from the Stanford CTE program, and my long-time friend Tammy from back home hosted the small gathering. Between Jennifer's organizing and incredible backyard set-up, Brooke's crafting and decorating, and Tammy's baking and photo album project it really was a great party! I got to see some of my friends who live locally and hear how the summer is treating them. Tammy was the only non-teacher friend, so she did well hangin' with the teachers! There were lots of laughs when I opened Jennifer's gift "the 41st week basket" full of goodies. Well, more like necessities post-delivery, but all very useful. All experienced moms in attendance agreed they were necessary, while my non-mom friends sat back with looks of horror on their faces at the sights and sounds of what follows the labor & delivery experience. And of course, I got so many cute pink items there are just too many to name. Needless to say, Jon and I are fully stocked with clothes, shoes, and receiving blankets to keep our little one looking sassy and staying warm.



As the pictures do tell, my belly continues to grow at a rapid rate. Dr. Hoff assures me that I'm looking good. And I must say, other than feeling a little large and having trouble getting up after sitting or laying down, I'm feeling great so far! The trick is to stay out of the sun and stay cool these days. Lots of inside projects are keeping me busy.

No comments: