
You've got to love California. Not only do we have all of the yoggies, we've got the yoggies and their baby yoggies too. Last week after Shelby's debut at the Phillips Brooks school Thanksgiving service (the students were so adorable and were totally into seeing Ms. Guinn's baby), we decided we'd try our hand at a Mommy & Baby Yoga class. Yes, I need to keep myself plenty busy - feeding and diapering just isn't quite enough for me. A little adult interaction every day is a must, so I'm constantly looking for new things to do....things that of course Shelby can be included in! Well, she was asleep when we arrived so I thought "perfect, I'll get to do yoga while she sleeps!" WRONG. How about I get to do 5 minutes of yoga, then take a 25 minute "break" to feed Shelby, then resume our yoga. The good news is that for the last half of the class Shelby seemed to enjoy the yoga - with Mommy doing some moves while looking at and singing to her. She even got to lay on my legs while I did some stretching. While I'm not a total yoga fanatic, it was fun to take a class with Shelby. I'm pretty much doing everything I can with her before I have to resume work - at which point Wednesday afternoon yoga classes just won't be possible.
1 comment:
I started a baby "swimming" class exactly for that reason - so I could talk to other moms while doing somethign with Gabe. I totally understand the need to fill your life with more than diapering and naps!
Post a Comment